Protecting & Defending the Rights of the Accused
Brazos County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Board Certified Defense Attorney Representing Brazos County Clients
Texas has a reputation for being tough on crime. At The Law Office of Jay Granberry, we believe everyone deserves to have someone in their corner, fighting to protect their rights and their future. If you’ve been accused of a crime—whether or not the accusation is accurate—our Bryan criminal defense attorney wants to help you. Attorney Jay Granberry is a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, having demonstrated exceptional competence in the field and a commitment to continuous learning. Fewer than seven percent of attorneys in Texas can claim this distinction. When your liberty is on the line, trust us with your defense.
Our firm has represented clients in cases involving:
- Crimes committed by college students
- Domestic violence
- Drug crimes
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Sex crimes, including sexual assault and rape
- Theft crimes, including robbery and burglary
- Violent crimes
If you have been charged—or you suspect you will be charged—with a crime, get in touch with us as soon as possible. We have a 24-hour answering service, so even if you call outside of normal office hours, you’ll be able to reach us. The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin developing the strongest strategy to protect your future.
What Do Defense Attorneys Do?
After getting arrested for or charged with a crime, one of the most important steps is to obtain legal counsel from a private criminal defense attorney or a court-appointed public defender. Since the average person does not have extensive knowledge of federal or state criminal law or the criminal justice process, a defense lawyer is responsible for representing those facing either misdemeanor or felony offenses – no matter how serious.
In general, criminal defense attorneys are committed to do all the following on behalf of their clients:
- Educate clients on their rights
- Investigate the charges against their clients
- Gather evidence
- Research the facts of the case
- Examine witnesses
- Analyze the prosecutor’s case
- Review probable cause protocols, as well as search and seizure procedures
- Determine if the police or prosecution violated their clients’ rights
- File motions in court to enter new evidence or exclude evidence that was improperly obtained or otherwise unfit for trial
- Hire expert witnesses who can validate the defense’s evidence
- Fights for their clients during the trial
- If a not-guilty verdict is not possible, try to negotiate a plea agreement—which includes reduced charges or sentences—with the prosecution
At The Law Office of Jay Granberry, our founding attorney can guide you through the complexities of the criminal justice system and protect your rights, reputation, and freedom from start to finish. We provide all our clients with compassionate and personalized legal representation during such difficult and trying times.
Fight Back with Insight from a Former Prosecutor
To build a strong defense in your case, The Law Office of Jay Granberry examines all the facts and evidence available. Having spent the first 10 years of his legal career as a state prosecutor, Jay has an insider’s understanding of how the other side will present its case against you, and he can use this insight to develop a smart strategy.
Our Bryan criminal defense attorney has 25 years of extensive experience in the courtroom, with hundreds of jury trials handled and verdicts reached. Not only that, but he has a great reputation with clients because of his genuine desire to help people.
Over 25 Years of Experience
Well Over 130 Jury Trials Tried to Verdict as Lead Attorney
Certified in Criminal Law by Texas Board of Legal Specialization
10 Years as a State Prosecutor
Past President of Brazos County Bar Association
2017 Avvo Super Rated Criminal Defense Attorney